Throughout my pregnancy I could not wait to become a Mom. I had this visions of what it would be like when Kayden was born and how I would feel and just how perfect everything would be. As with most things in life, things don't always work out the way you thought they would. I remember the moment Kayden was born and placed on my chest. It was in that moment that I really felt my maternal instincts kick in, but I guess I didnt feel like a 'Mom' at that time. I absolutely love being a Mother and love everyone moment I spend with Kayden. But it was not until a couple of nights ago that I really truly felt like a Mom. I was sitting on the couch watching TV with Joey & Tony with Kayden sitting on my lap. As we were watching I noticed Kayden lay his head on my chest. I looked down and he was just laying on me watching the TV. Within a few minutes, I looked down again and he was asleep. It may sound crazy, but it was in that moment that I really felt like I had become a Mom. Since he has been born I know he has needed me and relied on me for everything, but it was then that I truly felt needed. He was just so cuddled up with me that he made me just wonderful. He is growing into such a beautiful baby and I cannot imagine what my life would be like without him. Joey & Kayden have both taught me so much about myself and what life is all about; being with the people you love and who love you the most. I didnt mean for this to be a sappy post or anything! I just felt like I needed to write down what a great feeling I experienced the other night. Everyone told me when I was pregnant what an amazing experience it was to become a Mother...you were all so right! :) Anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!
Lots of Love,
Stef, Joey & Kayden
All of Me
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment